Wednesday, August 24, 2011

My First Aligner Appointment

Sorry for my delay on posting to the blog. My first Aligner appointment went off with out a hitch 6 weeks ago. I needed 7 attachments placed on my teeth. That was an easy process. My teeth were cleaned, dryed and prepared as if I were to have an orthodontic bracket placed. The attachments were placed (see below). My first aligners went in tight as they should be. I had this itchy feeling in my teeth all day. It reminded me of when I got contacts ( bad story with no application here) When I woke up the next morning that feeling was gone and now it was just the teeth were a tad sore and felt wierd eating, but not bad at all really. The upside is that every time you want to eat you have to take aligners out. Well snacking is definitely less common.. I might evern lose a couple of pounds!  Cleaning is fine. I continue to use a product called Smart Mouth. A great dental rinse.
The attachments that are placed on the teeth are made of white filling material and are removed at the end of treatment much like a regular orthodontic bracket.
A form matching the first aligner is used to mold and bond the attachments onto the teeth
VERY EASY!

NEXT TIME: Living with INVISALIGN.

1 comment:

  1. my friend says invisalign is really a big help for her cause it makes her crooked teeth straight and she is not ashamed of showing her teeth

    invisalign teen pittsburgh

    ReplyDelete